Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Day in Photos

Home, sweet home.
I decided to go for a walk and explore my surroundings in the morning. I walked for a long time trying to find the softball fields and got somewhat lost, but I was reminded of a favorite quote of mine: "Not all who wander are lost."
Finally, I made it to the softball field! Success! The outfield was being used for a HUGE soccer tournament. There were thousands of people both on these fields and on fields right beside this.
On my way home, I tried stopping at the grocery store to pick up breakfast and lunch foods, but as you can see above, it was a little overwhelming. Food doesn't look the same. I walked around in circles for a while before settling on bread, apples and yogurt. Oh, and nectar of the gods diet coke. It didn't really taste the same so I don't think I'll get that again.
I included this picture from the super market trip because it was by far the strangest thing I've seen in a grocery store. It looks like Bacon in a tube...
Around noon, two baseball players, Jimmy and Yuha, came to 'the dungeon' and offered to walk Gabe (the American baseball player) and me around downtown. We stopped for a drink, or 'breakfast' as Jimmy referred to it, and then walked to the other end of town to eat at the sponsoring restaurant, Prima. Good pizza, burgers and salads.

At 6:00 pm, it was still so gorgeous out that I went for another walk with my nice camera. There was a cute pond nearby and a cemetery that reminded me of the Secret Garden.

Another gorgeous location. I finished up the walk around 8 pm, but it was still light out. Even as I write this at 10:30pm, there is still light coming in my window. I'm so exhausted both from travel and the walking that I'm going to watch some NCAA softball and fall asleep. Good first full day!





No comments:

Post a Comment