Saturday, May 26, 2012

I made it!

I've arrived in Sweden! I left Boston at 9 pm on May 25, had a layover in Iceland and arrived in Sweden at 12:45 pm. Two of my teammates, Lina and Molin, picked me up at the Stockholm airport and we drove the 4 1/2 hours back to Skovde. I have a sneaking suspicion that I may be an illegal Swedish visitor since I never was directed through customs, and by the time I was in the car, it was too late to go back...Adventure number 1?

I moved into my apartment, affectionately dubbed "the Dungeon" by the softball and baseball teams because it is a basement apartment. My room is small, but there is a kitchenette and common space with couches and a TV. Cool discovery--the WiFi in the apartment allows me to iMessage my friends and I can still play Scramble with Friends! Lina picked me up just before 9 pm to go over to another teammate's house to watch a popular European show, Eurovision. It was the finale where every country has a representative, and one of the greatest ones was the Russian group. Here is a youtube link. Sweden ended up winning, so Sweden will host the contest next year. I headed home around 12:30 and could barely keep my eyes open. Headed to sleep now while watching the South Florida/Hofstra Super Regional game. I have tomorrow off, so I'll explore a little bit, hit up the sponsoring restaurant, Prima, and get my bearings.

Hej hej! (Bye, I think)

1 comment: