Monday, June 25, 2012

19 hours of travel

Well I've made it to Prague! The bus left yesterday at 6pm with around 40 softball and baseball players. Talk about a packed bus. We watched three movies until around midnight when we had to take a ferry from Sweden to Denmark. 2 hours later and we had to take another ferry, not exactly where from and to. We had to go up on the upper level and wait the hour and 45 minutes. It was now ~3:15 am and I had yet to sleep. I didn't even stay up this late on Midsummer! I thankfully was able to sleep until around 7:30 when we stopped for breakfast. We hit bad traffic in Berlin, but I was able to doze some more. We finally arrived in Prague around 1:30pm. And boy, was I happy to get off that bus! Definitely my longest day of travel ever. It was really pretty driving through the Czech countryside and through the streets of Prague and it made me really excited to site see around the city. We had practice for a few hours after lunch, checked into the hotel and went back to the fields for dinner. I am rooming with two American softball players who are playing this summer for Enkoping. I'm exhausted now, and have to get up for two practices tomorrow, but I think we will have the evening off to do some exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment