Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Enjoying coaching

Yesterday, our coach, Anzo, asked Diane and me to run practice since she wouldn't be there. We talked about what we wanted to cover and came up with our plan. I had a lot of fun running the practice! We started with basic warm ups, and then Diane walked us through base-running information for each of the bases. Next it was my turn to go through defense. We did a two line throwing drill followed by some run downs, and then we moved on to short hops. In groups of three, we worked on side to side grounders, and we finished with defensive reps and played several imaginary innings. We wrapped up practice with some front toss on the field. The practice made me realize that I like structuring drills and thinking about the plan, and I also know a lot of drills from my many years being involved in this sport! Makes me think that I'm not quite ready to give it up after this summer...

No comments:

Post a Comment