Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Softball Day 2

For the second morning in a row, I woke up around 5:30am to the bright Czech sunlight streaming through the window. I dozed comfortably for a few more hours--ah, the joys of summer. I got breakfast with my roommates, (basically the same as yesterday), read a little to kill time and then headed to the fields once more. We had a good first morning practice, starting with some hilarious team bonding activities and then working situations, first and third plays and bunting. After lunch, we watched some of the baseball game. The Sweden team did not fare so well in the tournament debut--17-3 was the final score I believe. It was fun to watch the game with the team because it felt like the team was getting a lot closer. Back to practice for us, and this time we worked some hitting stations followed by a scrimmage. Dinner followed, then the bus ride and then the coaches (including us) took the big Sweden bus to the grocery store. It was very fun to be on the other side and also bond with the coaches--they are all pretty fun. We all perused the chocolate aisle and got a lot of sweet treats. Love European chocolate! (or czech-olate, haha). I am especially tired tonight after a long day at the fields, although I feel wimpy because I hardly did anything! The Americans are having a movie night with our recently purchased snacks and we will be planning our trip into the city tomorrow morning since we are free until 3. First game tomorrow! I hope our team does well!

No comments:

Post a Comment