Wednesday, June 20, 2012

BYO...M?

Since I arrived in Sweden, I have been looking forward to the Midsummer holiday when it stays light all night. One teammate, Tess, made it sound really fun when I emailed her several months ago, and now the time has finally come! Diane and I are invited to our coach's house for a Midsummer party on Friday. We are learning that this is slightly different than a standard American BBQ--you bring your own meat. Lina took Diane and me shopping today to pick out what we're bringing, and we were also asked to bring coffee. Lina is bringing caviar and another teammate is bringing herring. Huh? I'm used to American side dishes: potato salad, chips, coleslaw, sodas and brownies! The stores are clearly ready for the celebration as well.



I got my own wine glass ($2!) at the store and decorated it for Midsummer. Not bad, eh? 


Practice was kind of relaxed today--hitting stations and minimal defense. We finished by playing some soccer, reminding me why it is that I play softball. I'm just not aggressive enough for that sport.

Tomorrow I go to visit my relative, Anders, again. He has quite the day planned, and I get back on Friday morning, just in time to get ready for the Midsummer party! I'll post updates when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment