Sunday, June 24, 2012

Off to Prague and Munich

The past two days have been spent relaxing and getting ready for my upcoming trip to Prague and Munich to help coach the Swedish National team and site-see. Diane and I leave on a bus with the team tonight at 6pm and travel the 745 miles to Prague. While I'm not quite sure of the exact travel arrangements, I know it will take a while...not exactly the luxury of air travel I experienced in college. That being said, I got snacks, downloaded a new book for my Kindle, and found my sleep mask, so I should be ready to go!

Here is a brief run down of my itinerary:

Sunday, June 24--6pm bus to Prague
Monday, June 25--Arrive in Prague and begin practices
Tuesday, June 26--National team practices
Wednesday, June 27--National team practices
Thursday, June 28--National team games begin
Friday, June 29--National team games
Saturday, June 30--I explore/tour Prague with my friend from college, Claire
Sunday, July 1--Prague in the morning, bus to Munich in the afternoon
Monday, July 2--Explore Munich with Claire, possibly Neuschwanstein Castle!
Tuesday, July 3--I take on Munich alone, maybe the awesome Science Museum
Wednesday, July 4--The 4th of July in Munich--how do the Germans feel about fireworks? 
Thursday, July 5--Munich during the day and fly overnight back to Sweden
Friday, July 6--Arrive early in the morning, train from Stockholm back to Skovde and practice at 5
Saturday, July 7--Games vs. Soder at home!

Whew, that's a lot, but I am so excited!! Packing for 10 days has proven to be slightly challenging since I'll be backpacking the last 6 days and don't want to bring that much, but hopefully I can send some softball stuff home with Skovde teammates who are playing for the National Team. I may not blog as regularly, but I'll try to post updates when I get a chance. Pictures to follow in ~2 weeks.


Talk to you soon! 
Promluvte si se na Vás! (Czech)
Wir sprechen uns bald! (German)

No comments:

Post a Comment