Friday, June 29, 2012

Day by numbers

  • 32-the cost of a bus ticket into town, (about $1.50) 
  • 2-number of people dependent on my navigation abilities both on the subway and in the town 
  • 1-dancing building, called the Fred and Ginger building. It is curved and wavy and resembles two dancers, hence the name 
  • 3-number of bridges visible when crossing one near the National Theater 
  • ~200-number of locks on a bar over the river. Couples put locks on the bars and throw the keys into the river below. 
  • ~45-different colors spray painted on the John Lennon wall. People paint phrases or pictures on this wall. 
  • 10-15-number of times I checked the map to find where we were going 
  • ~50-number of stands set up at a popular Vietnamese market. 
  •  0-total amount of money I spent at the market because I'm not very good at bartering. 
  • 2-10-the score of our game vs. Czech. We made a lot of errors early on so today's game was definitely more disappointing. There are two games tomorrow (although I'll miss them) so hopefully we can pull out a win. 
  • 3-the minimum number or relations I can say to describe my relation to one of the girls on the team: she is my Grandma's cousin's daughter's niece. Oops, guess it's 4. Small world! And she is a pitcher! My dad says she looks more like me than my real sister. 
  • 6-the number of days I have to pack for in my backpack since I leave the team tomorrow for my Prague/Munich tourist trip! 
  • 10-on a scale of 1-10, how much fun I've had since being here and how excited I am for the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment