Sunday, June 10, 2012

Girls' Night Out

We had the weekend off softball since our games were on Wednesday, so the team had a party! I stopped at the liquor store in the morning (along with what seemed like half the town) and decided to stock up on different ciders. I wasn't sure what I would like so I got all different types. (Don't worry Mom and Dad, I didn't drink ALL of these last night, haha). I chose a few for the night and we headed over to Lisa's apartment. She lives in student housing, but her place was WAY nicer than a dorm.
Diane and I taught the Swedes some American games, and we finished the pre-party with a game that involved no language barrier--"Hep, Boing, Hop." There were two starting rules--no showing your teeth and no laughing. You go around in a circle, 'hep' moves it to the next person, 'boing' reverses directions and 'hop' skips a person. It was pretty hysterical. When you mess up, you have to start doing different body motions like moving your arms, rocking back and forth and shaking your head, so everyone looks pretty goofy. Here is a picture of the crew on the roof of the building.

We finished the night at a club all dancing together and we whipped out the wobble dance. My catcher in college had taught the team how to do it (on the Seattle Space Needle!), and so I was able to help another teammate teach the rest of the Skovde team. It was such a fun night with the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment