Sunday, July 29, 2012

1-1, Once again

Talk about the definition of a slumber party. Last night there were 13 of us in one apartment with 3 beds, one pull out couch and 1 regular couch. Lots of girls brought air mattresses and sheets and the ground was covered.

We got ready in the morning for our games and headed to the field.  Yet another split for the Saints. We won the first game 3-0 in 7 innings. I went 2-3 and helped a run score in a first and third play, (I was running to 2nd). Good win for the Saints.

I played first and left field in the second game, and didn't have a stellar game at the plate, (1-4). I was very frustrated because I left lots of runners on base in the early innings. We went into the top of the 7th down 4-7, quickly scored 2 runs and had based loaded with 1 out. Unfortunately we were unable to score again and we lost the game. The game came down to one bad inning and lots of missed opportunities--I think we beat ourselves. Hopefully the other teams' games shake out in our favor and we are still in it for the play offs.

The bus ride home was very fun again. I am enthralled in the book, The Game of Thrones, so I read for a while and the last hour or so turned into a dance party. The girls were telling Diane and me some good Swedish songs to download and we decided to learn the words to some of the songs so we can sing along, even if we don't know what the songs are saying. I'm back in the Dungeon now, and I know I'll sleep well tonight after the week spent touring Sweden with relatives and playing 4 games these past two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment