Saturday, July 7, 2012

"Have fun, but more importantly, WIN!"

This was the quote from our coach, Anzo. She obviously said it jokingly, but we did just that and took 2 games from our opponent, Soder, today. That brings our team to 4-4 and probably moves us to the middle of the conference. Good news is that we are on the steady incline! 

We all put up the home run fence at 10:00 this morning and started warm ups a half hour later. I was the starting pitcher and batting 6th. Soder managed to get two runners on in the first inning, but a K looking got us out of the inning. I could definitely tell that this team was better than Gefle, and they were much stronger batters 1 through 9. We scored 1 run in our half of the inning, but it would take a few innings for us to really break it open. Lina hit a 3 run home run and that really seemed to open the flood gates. We won 10-0 after 5 innings, although the game was much tougher than the score would indicate. I went 1 for 3 at the plate--not too great. Tess, (the half Swedish girl who played college softball at UCSD), was my catcher today and she did a great job! (Tess and I pictured below)



I was the DH in the second game, although I had another rough game at the plate. 0 for 2 with a walk. I get so anxious up there and the slow speed doesn't help at all. We scored 3 runs in our first inning, but we wouldn't score again until the 6th inning. Soder closed the gap to make it 3-2 in the third inning, but we tacked on another 4 runs in the 6th. I asked Anzo about the limitations on American pitchers since I had only pitched 5 innings, but the rule is that American pitchers can ONLY pitch in the first game of the day, regardless of the inning count. Soder scored 1 run in the 7th, but we pulled out the 7-3 win. Wahoo!



I'm catching up on everything now, making for a relaxing Saturday evening. I'll probably post links to albums of my Prague and Munich photos in a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment