Friday, July 6, 2012

A Swedish Summer

Back to Sweden means back to Swedish weather. Turns out I was spoiled in the heat of Prague and Munich where I actually managed to add some pigment to my ghostly white Boston complexion. I made it back to Skovde around 1:00, grabbed lunch and did some grocery shopping and then began unwinding from the trip. Diane, her mother, and her sister got back from a day trip around 3:30 just about when it started raining. And then pouring. And then thundering and lightning-ing. We thought there was no way we would have practice, but Priya confirmed that we would be hitting. We showed up at the field around 4:45 and Priya told us it would probably just be her and the two women who drive 2 hours to practice hitting. We opted to stay, along with the other 10 girls who showed up! Lina's first words to me were "This is a Swedish summer!" We did hitting stations with front toss on the field, and no amount of downpour kept us from playing. The rain was warm so it wasn't so bad...until it was my turn to hit. It was hard to hold onto the bat! It was fun to see my teammates again--it had felt like forever that I had been gone. We just messed around in the rain and had a good time. Hopefully our field can dry by tomorrow so we can play our two games against Soder! 
Singing in the rain
Practicing sliding!



No comments:

Post a Comment