Friday, July 13, 2012

Road Trip to Sundsvall!

The team leaves today around 5:00 to drive half way to Sundsvall (a 7 hour total trip) for our games tomorrow, and will stay at a girl's house for the night and drive the rest of the way tomorrow morning. Some of the girls requested a morning practice since we won't have one in the afternoon, so I got up early to run around the lake (only twice today, haha), and then Diane and I ran a practice for about five girls. We got interrupted about 45 minutes into the practice by a rain shower, but it passed after about 10 minutes and we were able to work out for another 45 minutes. I still cannot get used to this weather--sunny one minute and torrential downpour the next! The girls keep telling me that it's a particularly bad weather summer but they keep reassuring me it will get better. Fingers crossed.

I'm excited to get to Sundsvall because I have quite a few relatives who live there. I don't think I posted about this already, but the pitcher for Sundsvall, named Frida, is actually very distantly related to me! She played for the National Team so I have already met her and her family. The easiest way to describe the relation is that she is my grandma's cousin's daughter's niece. Like I said, it's a very distant relation, but it's still pretty cool! Here is a picture of us from the national tournament. We look a little related, right?


Gotta pack now for the overnight trip. This is our sweet ride for the road trip--it will definitely be cozy as we fit nine people in here. Got my snacks, music (new Carrie Underwood CD!), and a book, but hopefully I can sleep some of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment