Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday-Another Split for the Saints

July 28-- Mere, Grandma, Aunt Annette and I enjoyed a leisurely morning breakfast before heading to the metro to find the softball fields since I had games against Söder and would be joining my team for the weekend games. There was construction on the line I needed, but luckily the train was still running, although a little less frequently. I wasn't positive where to go when we got to the stop, but after asking one person it seemed easy enough. We walked a few blocks and the fields appeared! I made it! The rest of my team showed up a half hour later or so and we started warming up. 

The first game went really well. We won 7-1 and I went 2-3 with a run scored and 2 RBIs. The second game did not go as well. I got to play first base and made a few plays, but I didn't do anything at the plate. Diane had a great day at the plate with two inside the park home runs and probably 4-5 other hits. We had one bad inning and lost 9-4. Unfortunately that was a really important game to win since we now have the same record as Söder but they have scored more runs than us, (that might be the tie breaker for determining who makes the play offs).

We have two more games tomorrow against Leksand and we really need to win those!  The car ride was really fun going from Söder to Leksand. We played a bunch of Would you rather? questions and stopped for a tasty Chinese dinner. We stopped again at a giant Dala horse statue, and I mean GIANT, and shopped for breakfast groceries. I really enjoy my team, and I'm having a really fun time. Hopefully we can pull out some big wins tomorrow to give ourselves a better chance to extend our season!

No comments:

Post a Comment