Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pastries, Practice and Pictures

First, I added some more details to previous posts, so it may be interesting to check those out again!

Now for today...We started with a trip to Lagkagehuset, a chain bakery that a friend of mine had recommended to me. We had Danish money to spend, and we really went to town. We ended up with about 15 bags of treats between the 4 of us and we managed to spend the rest of the money. For breakfast I tried a rhubarb muffin, and I got a chocolate muffin, two other pastries and a pepperoni focaccia for lunch.

We hit the road after that and only stopped once for a bathroom break. The lunch was so good, and I may have also indulged in the world's greatest chocolate muffin ever.

We got back to Skovde just in time to quickly change and then head to the softball fields. Today I went an hour early to work with Ida, a 16 year old on the team, on pitching. Diane volunteered to catch, and it was a great session. I had kind of forgotten how much I enjoy giving one-on-one pitching lessons, and so this was really fun. It was a slightly weaker showing at practice (6 people), so we worked some first and third plays and then did some hitting.

Back to the Dungeon after that, and I have spent the past several hours catching up on emails and also uploading Denmark pictures HERE! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment