Monday, July 16, 2012

A good day at practice

Today's practice seemed to go really well and we worked on several things that didn't work so well in the games vs. Sundsvall including running first and thirds, cut plays and hitting. I went an hour early to work with two pitchers, Alexandra and Lisa. Alex is a handball convert, having only started playing softball this past February. She is a natural athlete, and so it was fun to work with her. Lisa also recently started playing softball, but she had great spin and a knack for the mechanics. Since our team is lacking pitching, the coach suggested I work with anyone who wants to learn. One of my favorite quotes of the day came from Lisa when she said after a good pitch, "It's fun when you get it right!" I enjoyed watching the two pitchers get better, even in just one practice session.

Another good quote for the day came from one of the workers at Prima: "I love Mondays, so many open possibilities!" It was a great perspective, and I just had to share.

Other good news is that the coach brought up the idea of me returning next summer. Obviously this would depend on where I am and what I'm doing next year, but I think this means they like me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment