Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Something Swedish #4

Since I was a little girl, I have been familiar with Swedish pancakes. My grandma first introduced them to me when I was very young, and my dad learned the art form of making them and would make them on special Sunday mornings when I was growing up (when we didn't have softball, of course). I copied the recipe when I was visiting Anders and I decided to make them for dinner tonight.Lina came over to help me interpret the Swedish recipe, (and join us for dinner since her family is out of town), but it was pretty simple.

2 eggs
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
200 ml milk
Whisk this all together
Slowly add 200 ml flour
Add 300 ml milk
Refrigerate for a little while

Heat and butter the pan, pour a thin layer of batter into the pan and cook until you can slip the spatula underneath and flip to cook the other side. Voila!

I usually just put butter and syrup on them like American pancakes, but Swedes put different kinds of jam on them. They turned out to be pretty tasty and Lina gave me her Swedish approval!


No comments:

Post a Comment