Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Made my day

Today's practice was a really good one from the start. 3 girls came early to pitch--Ida, Nathalie and Lisa--and they have definitely made huge improvements in the past few weeks. I think they will get to pitch in our upcoming tournament in Orebro. I think the tournament is mostly just for fun and so it's a good opportunity to give the new pitchers a debut performance. I feel so proud of my pitching party when they are throwing well, and I feel like I'm making a positive impact on their softball experience.

Lisa is just a crack-up, and I find I'm always laughing around her. She has been working really hard on the circle change up spin, and I let her throw a few full speed today. The first one was really wild, but her second one was a great pitch! She was so happy and it really made me happy as well.

After practice, Nathalie got out a bag of kanelbulle (kind of like cinnamon rolls) that she and Lisa had made today. She just got into a school she applied for, and she knew I got my job, so they were celebratory treats! Made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment