Sunday, August 5, 2012

Two wins for the Saints!

Today the Saints played our best softball yet, and we got two big Ws against the league's leader, Sundsvall. Now there is only one scenario in which we don't go to the playoffs: Enkoping would need to lose the next four games and Soder would need to win the next four. I don't think that is very likely, but knock on wood! I am confident that we can beat any team in the playoffs; we just have to get there!

In the first game, I lived up to my Dad's nickname for me, "One hit wonder," and I gave up one bunt-for-hit and one walk. I had quite a few Ks, (16 or so I think), but I was most amazed to see the pitching chart since I threw 17 balls total in 7 innings. Guess I was pretty efficient! We won the game 5-0--a solid victory.

During the brief break, the team enjoyed the pasta salad that Diane and I prepared yesterday. We made three boxes of pasta, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, and brought sliced chicken, grated cheese and salad dressing. Our pasta salad got the thumbs up from the team. Success!

One win was good for the day, but we knew that two wins would put us in an even better position to make playoffs. Priya was the starting pitcher, and she did so well! I played second base and got to make some fun plays. Our great defense stifled some rally attempts, and we got on the board in the third inning with 2 runs. Diane had a great day at the plate, knocking in 4 runs in the second game, and the final score was 6-0. Things got a little exciting at the end when Sundsvall had bases loaded with 2 outs and it looked like Tess (our relief pitcher) was going to walk in a run. However, the runner on second thought the umpire called a ball and started to jog to third, so Tess wheeled around and threw her out at second, ending the game and securing the win.

In the words of my former teammate's father, Mr. Black, "Yahoo!!!"


(Side note: Diane and I withheld food until we gook our team picture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment