Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Something Swedish #6

Today Diane and I went to Kristian's office to print out travel documents for our upcoming trips. (Itinerary coming later this week). We hit up Prima for lunch, spent some time outside reading since it was actually sunny and semi-warm, and then we went to practice. It was a pretty normal day. Lina leaves tomorrow, so it was sad to say good bye to her.

For Something Swedish today, I'm focusing on some fun facts:

1. Swedes always take their shoes off when entering someone's home. Always. Even when you are wearing strappy sandals that require serious effort to put on and take off.
2. Swedes keep track of dates in the year by counting weeks. (Ex. Summer vacation starts at week 21, rather than June 1)
3. Swedes refer to birth years to talk about age rather than years lived. (Ex. "How old are you?" "I was born in '90." rather than "I'm 22.")
4. Almost all cars in Sweden are manual cars. I miss driving, but I can't drive here since I can only drive automatic cars. Even rentals are manual!

No comments:

Post a Comment