Friday, August 24, 2012

Ostrava Day 6

I'm getting used to this early wake up call. After a team breakfast, we went to the fields and warmed up for our game vs. Ostrava. An infield hit/FC by me and a base clearing double by Maria Jönsson put us up 4-0. Ostrava scored two runs in the second and third inning on a throwing error and botched first and third play, but we scored a few more runs later in the game. It was definitely a better game for us but we need to figure out first and third plays.


We had lunch at the fields and mentally prepared for our next game against France. 

The France team had really gotten under my skin yesterday so I was determined to pitch well today. We scored 1 in the first inning and I came out strong. We continued to put on runs in different innings and my K count was climbing. I hardly threw any rise balls and I worked the corners and off speed. Tess did SUCH a great job behind the plate, blocking change ups and calling good pitches. My defense was also awesome. The final score was 5-0--revenge on the French. With that win, we secured our spot in the championship. France will play the winner of Switzerland vs. Great Britain and we will get that winner in the final game. At this point the team is feeling pretty good. I got ice cream at the field while waiting to be driven home and we are doing a team dinner tonight. Go Saints!!

No comments:

Post a Comment