Saturday, August 25, 2012

CHAMPIONS!!!

I won't wait to give you the play by play of the game today--WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! We avenged our only loss of the tournament to the France team not once (yesterday), but twice when we beat them today in the championship. we scored two in the first inning, and although they put runners on in most innings, we shut them down. I have a theory that Tess and I cannot get hits in the same inning, and so when she got out in the fifth, I knocked in another run. Final inning: 3 Ks to end the game! WOO HOO! I got Best pitcher for the tournament and Tess, my amazing catcher, got MVP. Well deserved. We took a million pictures with our first place medal and our team trophy and we are celebrating tonight. (Not too hard though since Diane and I have to be up at 4:30 for our bus to Vienna!) 


Soooooo happy!! Priya was so happy she was crying! This means the winner of the Swedish league, (hopefully us!), will move to the A Cup next year. Anzo told Diane and me we have to come back now.

(Added update from Aug. 30)
After some wifi time, we got ready to go out for the night. Around 8 of us went to get dinner farther away from our hotel, and because the walk was kind of far, we danced along the way. Priya had portable speakers, so we danced all along the streets, mostly to the song, "Dansa, Pausa." We got a lot of looks, but it was so fun. We ate at a great little Greek restaurant and I got to have some more of my favorite grapefruit beer. We all wore our medals because we were soaking in the glory. Such a fun way to celebrate. Some of the girls went out dancing, but Diane and I called it a night around midnight when we got back from dinner because we had to be awake so early the next morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment