Friday, July 13, 2012

Running and Dancing

I went for a nice long run yesterday which felt great after a span of about 2 weeks of minimal physical activity (besides walking). I made it around the lake by the fields three times! I had read a good quote that went something like "Don't let your mind give up before your body," and that pushed me to run the last lap. I also just really enjoyed getting lost in music and thoughts. My friend, Eve, introduced me to something called the listserv where you subscribe to an email list and one person is randomly assigned to email the group each day. When I signed up there were 20,000 people subscribed, so today's thoughts while running were about what I would say to those 20,000 people if/when I am chosen. Kind of intimidating! So far the emails I have received have been mostly hit or miss, but I have really enjoyed a few of of them. I'll withhold my ideas until I am actually chosen, but that inner dialogue kept me preoccupied during the full second lap. 

After the run, I was stretching in the grass and just laid down for a few minutes. The grass was so soft and the sun even peeked out for a little bit. It was a great feeling. 

After the run I ate lunch and got some things checked off my to do list. Later that night, Angelica invited us to a party at her place and it turned into a typical Swedish night out filled with games, wobbling (of course), learning Swedish words, and dancing to our favorite Swedish songs at one of the bars downtown before calling it a night. Here is a link to one of my favorite songs called "Dansa, Pausa." You dance when the song says "Dansa," and freeze when it says "Pausa." Pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment