Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A funny thing happened...

...while I was at the train station today. Here's the play by play:

I went into the train station office to purchase my train ticket from Skovde to Stockholm for Tuesday, September 25 to go to the airport to return to the States. In Sweden, every time I approach a counter, I have to immediately tell the person that I only speak English. Usually he/she is a little surprised, but the person quickly switches over. Today, the woman behind the counter was intrigued by my one way trip. She asked me why I was in Sweden and I told her I was here to play softball. She was surprised by that as well, undoubtedly because almost no one here has heard of the sport. Just as I was finishing buying the ticket, she said to me, "You have a wonderful accent."

BOOM.

No one has ever said that to me, and obviously I don't think that I have an accent, so that just made my day. Pretty cool.

(As you can probably tell, today was another slow day).

Oh, and Dad, be proud of me and my mad CS50 skillzzzz. I just fixed Diane's computer after she got a virus from our attempts to watch American movies. Needless to say, we miss the US of A.

No comments:

Post a Comment