Monday, September 10, 2012

Sweet Treats

There were 2 'sweet treats' today. I'll start with the most exciting one:

1. I got a place to live! I guess the Skype interview with the potential housemates went well last night, so I am happy to say that I will not be homeless when I arrive in Long Island at the end of September. I will be living in a 4 bedroom house in Port Jefferson Station which is about a 10 minute drive from Stony Brook. My house mates are all affiliated with Stony Brook: 2 post-grad students and 1 administrator. They all seemed really friendly and I am really looking forward to meeting them in person. My mom is excited to take me shopping at Ikea to furnish my room, and my dad is assigned the task of helping me to buy a car. But one step at a time...

2. Secondly, my oven-less baking yesterday combined with my obsession with the site, Pinterest, led me to do some more oven-less baking today when I found a recipe for a microwave brownie. The recipe is posted below, and I'll say that while it didn't exactly taste like a brownie, it was pretty darn delicious, especially when I tucked a marshmallow into the middle.


No comments:

Post a Comment