Wednesday, September 19, 2012

More Bucket List Items

1. Well the first bucket list item was not my own, but I did get to be somewhat involved. About a month ago, Diane made an appointment at a tattoo parlor to get her idea inked onto her foot. It is a Swedish word, karlek, (pronounced shar-leck), that means 'love' in Swedish, and she incorporated softball seams in the 'a' and her uniform number 3 in place of the 'e,' and she included her sisters' initials. I never thought I'd end up in a Swedish tattoo parlor, but it was a pretty cool experience. Joel, her tattoo artist, drew up the design, transferred it to her skin and inked away. I was there for moral support, although Diane handled it like a champ. Minimal wincing, no tears, and total happiness when it was completed. What a trooper!


2. I learned on my first European trip two summers ago that there is just better chocolate here. I've definitely been enjoying it while I've been here, and I wanted to buy a lot of it to bring home for friends and family. I bought a TON of chocolate today, so I'm going to need to find a place in my luggage to bring it all back! I definitely got some weird looks in the grocery store.


And finally, a non-bucket list item, but awesome. At our practice today, we had a quick delay because there was a HAIL storm! I tried catching the hail. I can't remember the last time I saw hail. There was also an awesome rainbow--the biggest one I've seen here in Sweden. The clouds looked really pretty as I left the field, yellow/pink, reflecting the sunlight and illuminating the entire field.



No comments:

Post a Comment